As a private sector company, OMNIconnect is bound by the Privacy Act. Under the Act, OMNIconnect can choose to develop and be bound by a Privacy Code or choose to comply with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. OMNIconnect has chosen to be bound by the National Privacy Principles.
Personal Information Held by OMNIconnect.
OMNIconnect only collects personal information from you that is necessary to perform its functions or if it is necessary by law. The personal information OMNIconnect collects about you depends on the services you request from OMNIconnect and the use you make of those services. Personal information held by OMNIconnect may include:
- your name, address and contact details;
- your date of birth;
- drivers licence;
- credit card details;
- information obtained as a result of credit checks which you authorise us to carry out;
- records of communications between you and OMNIconnect relating to services provided by OMNIconnect to you;
- call connection records;
- connection logs;
- billing statements.
Use of Your Personal Information.
OMNIconnect recognises that any personal information is very important to you, and that you should have a right to control the use and dissemination of that information. The primary purpose for which we use your personal information is to provide you with telecommunications services, eg the provision of fixed line, mobile and Internet services. Related purposes for which your personal information also might be used include:
- providing you with customer service, including investigating and resolving of complaints in relation to your services
- provisioning or connecting your services
- network routing
- checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- debt collection
OMNIconnect may also use some of your personal information (for example, we would not disclose your password, credit card details or call charge records) to inform you about its other products and services or bundled offerings, provided by OMNIconnect or its business partners. We will provide you with a choice to opt out of our marketing activities, and will respect your request to decline to receive further direct marketing communications.
How OMNIconnect Collects Personal Information.
OMNIconnect collects your personal information in various ways, such as over the phone, over the Internet if you transact with us on-line, or when you complete an application form for one of the products or services that we offer or promote. OMNIconnect collects personal information directly from you at the time when you apply for telecommunications services. OMNIconnect may also collect personal information from third parties such as:
- credit reporting agencies
- suppliers of telecommunication services (eg other telecommunication and information service providers)
- other entities who supply services to us related to the provision of telecommunication services provided to you.
Contracting Out Services and Disclosures.
The information OMNIconnect collects from you is strictly confidential. OMNIconnect will not reveal, disclose, sell, rent or pass that information on to any third parties unless they are contracted to OMNIconnect to keep the information confidential or are required to comply with all relevant laws including the Privacy Act 1988. Services that OMNIconnect contracts out include service provisioning, mailing of bills and other communications to customers, debt collection, and I.T. services. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how contractors are to use your personal information.
OMNIconnect may disclose personal information for the purpose specified to you at the time of collection or for another purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect OMNIconnect to disclose it for that purpose; and
- that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
- If OMNIconnect should wish to disclose any of the personal information other than as set out above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent.
Exceptions to this include:
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- where OMNIconnect suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- the use or disclosure is authorised or required by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
OMNIconnect will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
Access and correction of personal information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. OMNIconnect will generally not charge you with a fee for access to your personal information, unless requests are considered unnecessarily numerous, extensive or otherwise vexatious. Also if you wish to have a copy of the personal information, charges that cover OMNIconnect’s administrative costs of providing the information to you might apply. To request access to your personal information, please contact OMNIconnect Customer Service on 03 9770 3333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If for any reason OMNIconnect refuses to give you access to your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision. The circumstances in which access to personal information may be limited or denied include where giving you access:
· would pose a serious threat to life or health of any individual or pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- would prejudice any negotiations or legal proceedings between you and OMNIconnect
- would prejudice the detection and investigation of unlawful activity or
- would prejudice enforcement of laws
If you believe that we hold personal information that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date, please contact our Customer Service on 03 9770 3333. In most cases we will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date information. In the event of an unresolved disagreement, either you or OMNIconnect may append an explanatory note to the data in question.
Privacy Complaints and Organisational Details.
You can complain about breaches of your Privacy in writing (e-mail, fax or letter) to:
OMNIconnect Pty Ltd
14 Elite Way
Fax: 03 9770 3344